Terms and Conditions
Your use of the website homeandaway.hsbc.com (the "Site") and the home&Away Privilege Programme (the "Programme") is conditional upon your acceptance of the following Terms and Conditions, as set out below from time to time:
- Privacy and Security
- General Terms and Conditions of the home&Away Privilege Programme
(together the "Terms and Conditions")
In each of the Terms and Conditions:
- references to 'you', 'your' and 'yours' are references to the person(s) accessing the Site or any Local Site (as defined below);
- references to 'we', 'us', 'our', 'ours' 'ourselves', “the Bank” or “HSBC” are references to The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited;
- references to the 'HSBC Group' are references to HSBC Holdings plc, its subsidiaries and affiliated companies;
- references to 'Programme Participants' are to third party providers of a discount, upgrade or other offer to users of the Programme; and
- references to 'HSBC cardmembers' in a Local Site (as defined below) shall have the same meaning as 'HSBC cardholders' referred to in these Terms and Conditions
Operations of the Programme
The home&Away Privilege Programme ('the Programme') introduces customers to third parties who may be prepared to make offers and discounts available to certain customers of HSBC.
All offers detailed on this Site are provided by third parties and subject to their terms and conditions. If you have any queries regarding any of the offers, please contact the third party who is providing the offer.
The third party offers are promoted on the Site, which is operated by us. Country-specific terms may apply to the offers from time to time available in different countries.
Eligibility to Participate in the Programme
Please see the specific eligibility criteria of each third party offer.
Generally, the third parties will make any offers available to holders of an Eligible Card.
An 'Eligible Card' means a debit or a credit card bearing the 'HSBC' name and logo, any debit or credit card issued by an HSBC Group member or any other any debit or credit card notified in writing by us to you as being an Eligible Card from time to time but excluding certain co-branded any debit or credit cards as specified by us or other HSBC Group member(s) from time to time (which may be different from territory to territory) (unless expressly stated otherwise in respect of any benefit, any Programme Participant or any jurisdiction on this Site or otherwise). Third parties may only make certain offers available to holders of particular cards. Please refer to the specific eligibility criteria of each third party offer for further details.
HSBC may terminate your use of the Programme immediately without notice and for any reason (unless otherwise required by relevant regulatory bodies/agencies/court order in which event we will comply with relevant legal, regulatory or judicial requirement), including if you:
- do not comply with the Terms and Conditions;
- do not comply with the terms and conditions of an Eligible Card;
- cease to be the holder of an Eligible Card (i.e. your account is cancelled); or
- abuse any privilege offered to you under the Programme.
Benefits Under the Programme
The offers and discounts are listed on the Site and may also be listed in general advertising material from time to time.
The offers promoted on the Site may be changed or withdrawn at any time without prior notice either by HSBC or by third party offer provider.
All offers and discounts are subject to availability and other terms and conditions imposed by the third party providers of the offers.
Unless otherwise stated, no offer or discount may be used in conjunction with any other offers, discounts, promotional offers or programmes, discounted items, shopping and dining coupons, membership benefits, fixed-price items, privilege card(s), loyalty programmes, or in-house offers. The offers, and any rights they confer, cannot be sold, transferred, assigned, exchanged for cash, other products or discounts or otherwise dealt with except in accordance with the Terms and Conditions.
To claim an offer you must follow any specific instructions of the third party as detailed on the Site or as subsequently notified to you by the third party. In general, in order to claim an offer, you should:
- state the redemption of the offer during any advance booking; and
- settle payment with your Eligible Card or quote details of, show or use your Eligible Card at the time of transaction; If an offer is only available to HSBC Premier debit or credit cardholders, such cardholders must settle payment with their HSBC Premier MasterCard® credit card or HSBC Premier Debit card, and to enjoy exclusive offers available to Visa Platinum cardholders, such cardholders must settle payment with their HSBC Visa Platinum card.
Limitations and conditions may apply in relation to offers and availability of such offers during public holidays, festivities or other dates as specified by the respective third party providers. Please check with respective third party providers for details.
The offer periods and terms and conditions of each third party's offer are subject to change without prior notice. Neither we nor any other HSBC Group member accepts any liability for any such change and nor will they notify cardholders separately of any such change.
In the case of any dispute, our decision and that of the respective third party providers shall be final.
We have taken and will take all reasonable care to ensure that information we published on the Site is accurate, but neither we nor any other HSBC Group member accepts any liability relating to information provided by third parties. Neither we nor any other HSBC Group member makes any representations on behalf of any third party provider.
All descriptions of offers published on the Site are based on information supplied by third party offer providers. All information is accurate at the time of publication but may be subject to change subsequently. Other special terms and conditions relating to the offers may also apply. For details, please refer to the individual offer and promotion.
Neither we nor any other HSBC Group member shall be responsible for:
- any benefit you receive under the Programme;
- to the extent permitted by law, any death or injury or consequential loss or damage from a benefit; or
- representations made by a third party provider in respect of any offer
- any loss, theft or destruction of a benefit or a voucher.
Neither we nor any other HSBC Group member shall be liable for:
- any unauthorised use of the Programme;
- any failure by you to notify a third party provider that a transaction is eligible for a benefit under the Programme;
- any offer or discount not being available from a third party provider for any reason;
- any failure by a third party provider to meet the terms and conditions on which it has agreed to provide an offer or discount;
- any failure to notify you of any change in the Terms and Conditions, the terms and conditions of a third party provider, the offers, discounts, the third party providers or qualifying goods and services;
- the suspension and/or termination of the Programme; or
- any malfunction, delay in replacing, or unauthorised use of Eligible Cards. The provisions of this sub paragraph (g) shall not apply if the Eligible Card was issued in any of the United Kingdom, the countries of the European Union or countries in the European Economic Area.
The third party providers of the offers and discounts do not have any authority, express or implied, to make any representations, warranties or statements on behalf of any HSBC Group member. All contractual obligations are between you and the third party provider.
Any tax which is payable arising from your participation in the Programme is your responsibility, including any goods and services tax.
Note: In case of discrepancies between the English and other language versions, the English version shall apply and prevail.
IMPORTANT: By accessing this Site and any of its pages you are agreeing to the terms set out above. Thank you for choosing HSBC.